Governance and Policies
ART EXHIBIT COMMITTEE POLICY
- Eligible artists must be at least 18 years old and current residents of Ipswich.
- Insurance coverage is the responsibility of the exhibitor.
- Artists must submit signed original works of art in two‐dimensional format.
- The Committee reserves the right to accept or reject any entry proposed and will not display artworks from previous library exhibits. The Committee also prohibits exchanging juried for non‐juried artwork.
- All artworks which are legally obscene, including child pornography, or which appeal to prurient interests, and taken as a whole, lack any serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value for minors as measured against local community standards may be rejected for display.
- Artworks may be offered for sale but this is not a requirement. Works sold must remain on view until the exhibit period ends.
- Registration fee in the amount of ten dollars ($10.00) from each artist is required. This fee is non‐refundable.
- 20% of the sale price of each art work will go to the Trustees Art Fund. All proceeds will be used to maintain and/or acquire art works for the Ipswich Public Library.
- Each artist, whose artworks are accepted for display, must make a commitment to monitor the Art Exhibit area and provide artists’ information for up to 2 hours during the exhibit period.
- Art Exhibit Committee chairperson is in charge of the press release for the annual exhibit.
- Permission to photograph and reproduce any artwork accepted for exhibition for publicity purposes is considered granted to the Art Exhibit Committee.
- The Art Exhibit Committee approval does not imply endorsement of the artist’s viewpoints or artistic expression.
- Venue of the annual art exhibit will be at the Ipswich Public Library only.
- The Ipswich Public Library Art Exhibit Committee reserves the right to cancel any exhibit should unforeseen situations arise.
Original Policy Approved by the Ipswich Public Library Board of Trustees on December 15, 2008 Revised and Approved by the Ipswich Public Library Board of Trustees on March 22, 2010